April 3–4, 2013, in San Diego, California
Hilton San Diego Resort
Thanks to our host sponsor, San Diego Gas & Electric!
No matter how long your utility demand-side management (DSM) programs have been in place, there always seems to be higher goals and more-elusive customers to engage. Well, fret no more. At this year’s Utility Marketing Conference, we’ll give you the strategies to get more customers to sit up and take notice—and most importantly, to participate in your programs. Join us this spring in San Diego, California, to learn the cutting-edge trends that will make a difference in your marketing. Find out how to capture people’s attention in interesting and innovative ways that they wouldn’t expect from their utility.
These two days will focus on how you can implement new ideas in both your residential and business marketing strategies. By connecting with your peers, who are grappling with similar challenges at their own companies, you’ll come away with innovative promotion concepts from utility industry leaders as well as from experts from outside of the industry. You’ll return to your office bursting with new ideas.
We’ll dive into topics such as:
- Connecting with hard-to-reach customers
- The future of behavior change and what’s on the horizon
- How utilities can integrate human-centered design with DSM programs
- How to develop strong brands to create engaged customers
- Advances in business and residential segmentation, targeting, and product bundling
- Advertising trends and the use of video as a media channel
- Gaining traction through social media, online gaming, and blogs
- Innovative channels and techniques for engaging business customers
- How customer experience relates to marketing and how to integrate them
Top 5 reasons you should attend:
- This is the only marketing-focused conference for utilities, and we understand your unique business pains. You won’t attend a more relevant marketing conference.
- Just as in years past, we’ll introduce concepts and trends that aren’t even on your radar. You’ll go back to your office buzzing with tangible ideas.
- We offer tracks for residential and business marketing. We understand each group presents its own set of challenges, so you’ll be able to focus on the area in which you work most.
- You can network with your peers. Throughout the conference, you’ll have the opportunity to network with and learn from your peers in utility marketing and communications from across the US and Canada.
- You’ll hear relevant ideas from both inside and outside the industry—speakers will share their knowledge, insights, and best practices.
Who should attend?
Utility marketing and communications professionals of all levels are encouraged to attend. If your job involves marketing, market research, public relations, communications, DSM programs, program development, or branding at your utility, this is the conference for you. Content will be relevant to professionals in both residential and business utility marketing.
This conference is exclusively open to utilities and E Source members. Vendors may attend as presenters, by invitation only.
If you’re a member of the Utility Marketing Executive Council, plan to arrive in San Diego a day early to attend the Spring 2013 E Source Utility Marketing Executive Council.
And new this year, we’re presenting the Spring 2013 E Source Utility B2B Leadership Council for members of the E Source Business Market and Business Customer Outreach Services.